Thursday, September 17, 2009

Walk around the food court

Last night I had made Shepherds Pie for dinner (definitely a cheap eats I will blog about later)and had planned on having leftovers for my hubby's lunch today. But that didn't happen, so when he left this am, he had no idea what he was having or from where. Oh well.

This morning I wound up meeting a girlfriend and her son at the Tyson's Corner play area since the weather is so bad outside today. She is moving away soon and I am sad, so wanted to make sure we get as much playdate time as possible. Next to the play area is the food court which had just about every type of food imaginable. I decided since I was here, I could pick up food for hubby and drop off at his office. This would be significantly cheaper than the cafeteria style place that was closest to him, and since it was raining he was unlikely to walk to one of the (relatively) cheaper places near his office.

I walked around a few times and observed the prices. Wanted to get him burger/sandwich or whatever with small fries. I decided on "Little" Bacon Burger from Five Guys ($4.08) but their fries, even a small cost $2.59, so before tax is finalized I am paying close to $7, and I just can't justify that. I instead got his small fries from Philadelphia Cheesesteak Factory ($1.98). My total was $6.06.

Sure, this is extra time (about 2 mins tops) spent for about $1 savings, but every dollar saved helps in the long run. Ironically the lady at PCF asked me how much I paid for burger, claiming her deal was better. Her deal, including a soda which I didn't need since he gets those free at work was $6.59, before tax and was not a bacon burger. Besides, does she really expect her burger to be better than Five Guys???

Added benefits too, you get less fries at PCF, so that means he is not a walking heart-attack, at least for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment