Saturday, September 5, 2009

Cooking

I love to cook. Something about my family genes makes it so once you turn 30, your inner chef just explodes. Mind you, I never said I am a good cook, just that I really enjoy doing it. My MIL gives me Cooking Light for Christmas every year and I swear it is one of my favorite presents!

Since the layoffs, I have cooked even more because I had the time and because it is so much cheaper. In the coming weeks I hope to share some of the cheap eats we have come to rely on (and they are not all BOGO hot dogs!).

In the meantime, I finally had time to read our Food section of the newspaper, it comes out on Wednesday. Today is Saturday. I got to it Saturday night once my son was asleep and my husband was away watching college football. I found this article to be fascinating, and I might just have to sign on to one of these groups and find out more. I thought you all might find interesting too, its about online-groups that each month make a recipe and compare notes. Think Book Club, only better because its with food AND you can do it from the comforts of your own kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment