Thursday, September 17, 2009

A note of thanks

I finally started and maintained this blog after a strong dose of encouragement from my girlfriends at a post-wedding sprinkle last month. I figured they would likely be the only ones to read. Well, I was wrong!

In the last week alone I have received emails from (among others) a college friend I haven't spoken to, much less seen since we graduated, a friend of a friend who I have never met, and even some people who I don't know how found this blog.

I want to say a sincere thank you! Thank you for reading. Thank you for passing along. Thank you for taking the time to comment or contact me!

I can't tell you how much I appreciate your support, and knowing that I have people reading me, has been a great motivator to make sure I write. Sometimes they are long (like the car saga..sorry 'bout that) and some are short. But I am fully committed to keeping you informed on how we live a frugal life. If nothing else, it keeps my writing skills fresh and keeps me honest when it comes to expenses.

Two final housekeeping notes. One, I have established a Facebook Fan Club, so be sure to look us up. We are, not surprisingly, The Blue Patched Couch. Second. Please take a minute to look at the poll I posted tonight on the blog. If it applies to you, I would love for you to answer. I am going to write about the issue regardless, but am just curious to see how many people it applies to.

Night everyone, and thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment