Friday, September 4, 2009

Coffee & Books

Two things....

This past week the status updates on Facebook of my friends and family members have been filled with news that Starbucks has brought the Pumpkin Spice Latte back for the fall season. I think I have had one, and I seem to remember they are good. They are not $4/day = $20/week = $80/month = $1,160/year good.

Look, I love coffee. I could not live without it. When I was pregnant my doctor banned alcohol, shellfish, sushi and deli meats (I didn't listen to that last one), but she thankfully told me I could have two cups a day of regular coffee. I would have pitied my husband if she hadn't made this call.

People who know me, know Dunkin Donuts is far and away THE BEST coffee on earth. Period. End of discussion. But even DD can add up.

So we get our coffee at Target. Yup, we get a huge 39 oz bin of ground coffee at Target for under $6! This bin will last about a month.

By all means treat yourself to the PSL every once in awhile. We all deserve treats and like I have said before, its the small treats that help us get through the other sacrafices. But don't get in the habit of buying this coffee on a daily basis, the cost will add up, and there won't be any savings to match.

Books.

The Washington Post had this book review today. I will never encourage dumpster-diving for food, but I do reuse Ziploc bags. I haven't read it, but wanted to pass along in case you found interesting.

Happy Labor Day weekend!

1 comment:

  1. or make them yourself in the crockpot. Yum!
    http://crokpot365.blogspot.com/008/10/crockpot-pumpkin-spice-latte-recipe.html

    ReplyDelete