Monday, January 4, 2010

Ziploc bags

I think I may have written about this last year when I first started out, but I have been reusing my ziploc bags a lot lately, so it bears repeating.

A great way to save money is wash out and air dry your freezer bags. Also, save the bags your grocery gives you deli meat in, and reuse. These bags are EXPENSIVE. And as long as you didn't have a poisonous substance in them, you can wash out, air dry and reuse.

You can also simply reuse the same bag for frozen chicken or ground beef, instead of getting a new one out each time. Either leave the old ones in the freezer when they are empty (as a reminder) or take them out when they are low, and just fill up with the new meat. Either way, you can easily get three or four uses out of them, instead of one.

No comments:

Post a Comment