Friday, January 29, 2010

No Special Diaper can required

Here is a tip, since I just "did" this.

If you are a mom, or new mom, or soon to be mom, you do NOT need a fancy diaper trash can. I regular trash can with a top will do.

We received a Diaper Champ for my son's shower. We used it for awhile but from day one it was a joke. When my husband got his new job last fall the FIRST thing I went out and bought was a new trashcan. We put the dirty diapers in here, first wrapped in the plastic bags we have bursting from the seems we get from CVS, the grocery store and the like. We also use the bags from bread, buns and anything else we receive to put the dirty diapers in before putting in the trash. Between this and a stick up, his room smells better (read: not at all) than it ever did with the Diaper Champ.

1 comment:

  1. Mind you, I'm not a parent nor will I ever be one...but we keep a small galvanized trashcan (complete with bin liner) on our back deck for dog poop. Is that an option that's unfeasible for kid poop?

    ReplyDelete