Saturday, January 23, 2010

Public Safety Announcement

Hi faithful Blue Couchers,

Sorry this week has been a blur. I don't remember being this busy since college. I just keep my eye on the ball though: more work for me = more money in the bank = bigger home for the Monkey by years end. I admit this could be a pipe dream, but I can still dream, right?

I will have more posts this weekend, but wanted to get this out there. Please make sure you have a working smoke detector AND fire extinguisher. Our dryer caught on fire Thursday night. We are fine, no real damage (except to dryer).

But this expereience taught me that we have some powerful folks upstairs working on our behalf (how many times have I left the house with dryer running? gone to sleep with dryer running? what if I had been home alone with our son and this happened?). We have a working fire detector, which is how we were first alerted (the noise was god-awful), and we used our fire extinguisher for the first time EVER. Our home was smelly, our son seemed annoyed at the whole thing, but other than that, nothing serious. We are VERY LUCKY!

So PLEASE check your batteries and make sure you have a fire extinguisher. Friends have also put in plugs for CO detectors, and I ordered one immediately that night from amazon, will have installed as soon as it arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment