Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Freecycling

Today I unloaded a stainless steel bowl that we never use, magazines and sippy cups. I may have acquired the new armoire we need, have to go check it out tonight in person. Will keep you posted. I like that I am staying on track...even if it is only day 5, of my nothing comes in unless other stuff has gone out first rule.

The other major money saving idea that came to me, was more of an observation.

Not sure why I get the Pottery Barn catalogs, other than to torture myself. I mean I love the designs they have for adults and kids rooms, but seriously? We are never a) going to have a big enough place to accomodate their rooms or b) have enough money to spend on the designs...but what really struck me was how IMPRACTICAL some of the designs in the catalog were, like having stuffed animals on the changing table or blocks and a windowsill behind the changing table? Sorry for my rant, but when I noticed this, I couldn't help but think of how many people spend money on PB things and then get angry when their rooms don't look like the catalog?

One final thought, unrelated. I get a ton of emails from a slew of mommy-type bloggers with their deals. I only post the ones I have time to post, without sitting here all day at my computer and thus enlarging my J.Lo-like rear.

No comments:

Post a Comment