Sunday, January 3, 2010

Welcome 2010

Happy 2010! I am not sure I have ever felt so passionately about the expression, Happy NEW Year! This year has to be better than last year, it has to be.

I follow a fair amount of blogs that offer money saving deals, as well as a bunch of moms like me just trying to save a few bucks. For the new year many have listed their resolutions, and others have a slew of deals on everything from soup to nuts. As I said last week, I am going to make a real effort to ensure I write something original daily, as well as include money saving deals that come my way. If there is something special you are looking for, let me know...otherwise I will just post what I think is interesting, hehe!

My 2010 resolutions:

1) Make a monthly budget. Believe it or not we have never done this. I just figured out how much was coming in and shoved things into that amount like you shove a small-sized shoe on your foot, and hoped for the best. We have been lucky. Not going to rely on luck anymore. Since this next paycheck my husband receives will be he first one we can really budget off of, the time has come.

2) Renegotiate our car insurance and cell-phone. I expect savings from this, substantial savings.

3) Space equalizer. Nothing other than food comes into this house unless it is replacing something that has already bee shipped out. We simply are running out of room. I have been using freecycle a lot this week, plan to keep that up.

4) Refinance our mortgage. We bought in Nov 2005, the "height" of the housing bubble. We will be lucky if the value has returned by 2015. We can't stay here forever, so we need a set mortgage and then look to renting for however long we can.

So there you have it, my resolutions. I'll keep you posted. Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment