Saturday, January 16, 2010

Safeway

Coupons in the actual ads of grocery store circulars are becoming one of my favorites, especially Safeway.

This week their circular had coupons that allowed me to pay $1.49/lb (not a typo!) for boneless/skinless chix breasts and $.99 for a box of Chewy Granola Bars, my favorite is the S'mores. Combine this with the savings I was able to get with my Secret Savers report (miss it, I can still email it to you, just let me know) and I am feeling pretty good about our food shopping.

Safeway was also good about accepting my return. Last week they had a 10 lb bag of potatoes on sale for $1.99. Potatoes are supposed to last awhile, at least two weeks. But when I opened the bag on Thursday night, it was filled with "eyes." To say I was annoyed would be an understatement. I had to then go spend $2.99 for premade Harris Teeter mashed potatoes for the Shepards Pie I had already committed to making by thawing ground beef.

While getting the great deals on chicken and granola bars (I had a third coupon but for the life of me can't remember what it was for), I also returned the potatoes. I think the GM thought I was a bit nuts, but who cares! So I now have a new 10 lb bag of potatoes and lets just say we will be having lots of mashed potatoes this week, and I may even have to look for other recipes to use the potatoes in.

You can't be embarrassed and you can never be "too rich" to make sure you get the most for your money...and if you buy something that is no good...return it! I didn't have the receipt, but he knew they had been on sale just that last week, and all I wanted was an exchange. Its only $1.99, but I would rather have that for a coffee down the road, than not :)

Happy Saturday....GO RAVENS!!!! (And in case I am offending readers in the Indy area...I am from Baltimore, so no matter who the Irsays, er Colts, were playing today, I would be for the OTHER team. The fact they are playing the Ravens makes this game all the more crucial!)

No comments:

Post a Comment