Sunday, January 17, 2010

Good days and bad days

I know I have written about these before. But tonight was a bad night. Not really bad, but bad in the sense I paid all our bills and realized just how "poowr" we are. I hate it. We had a pre-heart to heart where we agreed we just aren't going to be spending anymore money. The problem is, and this is incredibly frustrating...my husband makes at least 10% more than I did when I was the only paycheck, BUT his health insurance is the worst! And as a result, no joke, his take home is less than what mine was!

This is incredibily frustrating and when I do our monthly bills I just get angry and depressed. I will get over this, but I wanted to write just so you know its not always peaches and cream. I try to stay optimistic and happy but some days, well it just.....

Hope you have a good week.

1 comment:

  1. What does 'not spending any more' mean to you? Obviously, you have to spend on groceries, utilities, mortgage and/or car payment. Some of these are fixed, but you have some variability on groceries. I presume this means you're only buying the necessities. Does this mean that you cannot buy clothes? What about things for the Monkey?

    As much as I like your blog for consumer tips (i.e., 25% off at Red Envelope), much money can be saved by not consuming at all or severely limiting your consumerism. So I suppose I'm interested in finding out how you define not spending any more and what kind of impact that can make on your household budget.

    ReplyDelete