Monday, August 31, 2009

I'm hip!

Not exactly. But what I am about to post made me feel very "in the know." (Yes, I am a certified geek!)And before I go farther, this is not a kid specific post.

Thumbing through the latest issue of Parenting magazine, a gift courtesy of my friend Jill (many thanks again, I LOVE IT!) on page 61 they list a bunch of healthy veggie snacks. Included in this list are Calbee Snapea Crisps. According to the graphic, the snacks cost $2.98.

We have been getting these same snacks at Trader Joe's for $1.49 for awhile now. My son eats them and enjoys them, but I devour them! Think 'Hot Fries' of junior high days, minus the seasoning. They are so yummy, and while no where near as healthy as real peas, they are much better than chips or candy.

The Snapea Crips are great, and once again it appears Trader Joe's is doing a good job of keeping the price low. I highly recommend these snacks, especially if you can get at TJs, way cheaper than chips or other munchies, and healthier too.

No comments:

Post a Comment