Thursday, August 20, 2009

A second use for hand towels

When we bought our condo during the height of the housing craze we didn't check the bathroom as closely as we should have. Shortly after we moved in we realized that our window sill in the bathroom was in some serious need for sanding, repainting and just general repair. To be polite, while I love my husband dearly, I did not marry Mr. Bob Villa and I am not Martha Stewart.

Rather than try ad nausea um to fix the sill, or pay for someone to fix it, I placed a hand towel down and put our shampoos etc on top. I change the hand towel about once a month, and four years later, the sill is pretty much the same as it was when we bought it. And since the towel collects all the soap remnants and other "shower junk" I will continue to use even once our window sill is fixed because it makes for no mess clean up -- just throw the towel in the wash with others and that's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment