Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Paying (much) less than half price

Last night in the waning hours of Harris Teeter’s special triple coupon sale, meaning they would triple the value of any coupon up to $.99 cents (maximum amount off is then $2.97), I managed to make it to our local store.

This is what I purchased (regular price per item in brackets):

Two boxes of Betty Crocker Hershey Fudge Brownies (2.99)
Three boxes of Hamburger Helper (2.19)
Two boxes Betty Crocker Blueberry Muffin mix (2.99)
Lysol Kitchen Cleaner (3.19)
Lysol Bathroom Cleaner (2.99)
Lysol Regular cleaner (4.19)
Ziploc Snack Bags (2.39)
Twix (.99)
Snickers (.99)
Harris Teeter Dish Soup (1.97)
Fructis Shampoo (3.99)
Pepperidge Farm Honey Wheat Bread (3.99)

The total for these purchases, without coupons came to $43.22

I paid, including tax, $18.63!!!

Now, one could very easily argue we don’t NEED blueberry muffins or candy bars. Fair enough. But by being able to have these things as little treats down the road, it makes the hard times that much easier. And we do NEED bathroom cleaners, snack bags and sadly at my age I do need good shampoo (I used to be a Suave girl, until my hair started falling out!)

By cutting all coupons and using them when the time is right, you can save big time. I only wish I had more coupons I could have used last night! I will keep my eyes posted for future triple coupon sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment