Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Diapers

This is the first post dealing with kidlets. I am going to try to space these out, but it's timely since we just got our newest batch and my old roommate emailed me about them today.

Last Thursday after dinner I placed an order with Diapers.com, the online site where we order all our diapers from.It was pouring down rain when I ordered and the rain continued throughout the weekend. I have been a fan since my friend Holly recommended it, but the proof really is in the pudding.

In addition to ordering 160 size 3 diapers, we got disposable mats to go under the high-chair for our son's adventures in food, as well as a small board book. The total, once you included coupons and credits: $48.97. Perhaps the best part: the diapers arrived at my doorstep during my son's afternoon nap on Friday....less than 24 hours later!

Giant sells 72 diapers for roughly $20. Multiply by two, this is $40, plus tax and the haul of carrying to your car and its more money, less product and lots of hassle.

Target sells the 160 diapers for $41, and will ship them to you for free if your order is more than $50, but does charge tax.

Diapers.com doesn't charge tax and doesn't charge to ship if you total order BEFORE credits come to $49. Credits are easy to acquire. Everytime someone who I referred to Diapers.com buys from them, I get $1 credit toward my future orders. And it gets better, complete win-win, when friends say I referred them, they get $10 off their first order! I have had complete orders of diapers cost me under $30 when combined with credits. It is a no-brainer to me to order from there, and no where else.

Diapers.com sells lots of stuff besides diapers. Their motto is "We deliver everything but the baby." We have ordered food, clothes, diapers, diaper rash cream, etc. They once delivered food that broke (it was jarred baby food), when I called to complain, they refunded the cost of my food, shipped me a new container of food (even though 11 of the 12 jars were fine and usable) and gave me a $5 credit for future purchases.

The hassle of not having to schlep the diaper box from store to car to home is enough of a reason to order diapers online, whether from this site or a more traditional store. But the discounts and recommendation-friendly program associated with Diapers.com, not to mention swift customer service, means I won't ever get diapers anywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment