Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Mish Mash

Several nuggets tonight...

First, I will be the first to admit when I am wrong, or when I give bad advice. Earlier this month I bragged about buying three gallons of milk since the price was right and my son goes through it fast...or so I thought. Today though he got sick, and I believe it was because the milk was 9 days old in my fridge (despite the fact date of expiration was Aug 30). I think the main reason was because the milk was in the door and not on the shelf. This is something I remember hearing about in the past but never paying attention to. Now I will.

Lesson learned: Don't buy more than 2 gallons of milk at a time, and don't store milk in the door.

Second, as per my post on ziploc baggies and snack bags. Safeway has Doritos on sale, $2 bag.

Finally, Harris Teeter has another coupon special, haven't seen this one before. They will double coupons up to $1.98, so that means you could conceivably get $3.96 off an item.

Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment