Sunday, August 30, 2009

A note about this blog

Some friends have suggested I try to make some money off of this. You will notice I am still working out the kinks of Google Adsense. I am clueless when it comes to this sort of thing. I felt like I had climbed Mt. Everest when I realized how to install the widget so the posting could emailed...so figuring out ads is going to be like traveling to outerspace when, and if, that ever happens.

But I wanted to make clear from the getgo, that the words you read here about my preferences and dislikes are mine. I like, ok LOVE, Trader Joes. But if they go expensive on me in a certain regard, I will call them out on it (i.e the price of their blueberries went up bigtime over the last two weeks or so, as a result my son didn't get any). I also like Giant and Safeway and Diapers.com. I know these things because I shop there. I have tried shopping at Shopppers Food and just have not been impressed. And while I adore Wegman's (who doesn't?) its too far away and in many cases too expensive. The meat and seafood at both Giant and HT are just as good, and cheaper.

What I want to make clear is no matter what the ads say, whatever you read is influenced solely by my experiences. As a former journalist the idea of promoting something just for show makes me ill. If HT or Diapers.com advertises on this site, great. Same goes for Shoppers or even Wal-Mart (which incidently we don't have one close by as far as I know, so thats why I don't shop there) that's fine too.

Rest assured, what you read is how I really feel and not what some ad tells me to say. You have my word.

2 comments:

  1. i think it would be fine too if companies wanted you to test new products and you gave your feedback on them. I know you would keep it honest. Once you build a trust with a loyal following, people will understand that the ads and such are just a part of what it takes to run a business. Have you tried to tap the resources of BlogHer. They do such cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was trying to remember if we had a Walmart down there. I guess I remembered correctly. And poor baby boy that he didn't get his beloved blueberries- my kid is a fan of them thanks to your kid's love for them!

    ReplyDelete