Saturday, August 8, 2009

Saturday Savings Sugar

The other day I was searching through recipes and one said I needed turbinado sugar. What? Never heard of that??? I had my husband Google it and it turns out that turbinado sugar is raw sugar, you know the sugar that comes in the brown packets that are in all our favorite coffee shops.

How often do you need turbinado sugar? I cook fairly regularly and I can say in the four plus years I have been married and cooking regularly, this was the first time I had come across a recipe that called for it. So instead of spending xxx amount for a bag of raw sugar you may never use in your daily life, swipe a few packets every once in awhile from Dunkin' Donuts or Caribou. (I do not like Starbucks). I am not advocating taking a fistful of sugar, but if you take one or two packets once a week, and keep around the house, when the time comes you will have your sugar since each packet is a tablespoon.

Whether its raw sugar or regular sugar, save yourself a few dollars and lots of cabinet space and take a packet or two...you will be grateful in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment