Saturday, November 21, 2009

Ties v. Velcro

I know velcro is easier for parents. Much easier. But is it really $7 easier? I decided no.

My son needed new shoes. He is growing like a weed and will no doubt be too big for these new shoes in two months tops. So I was resigned to get him Transformers Velcro shoes at Target for $16.99. But then I saw regular white tie tennis shoes for $9.99. To me this is a no brainer.

While boys are not as bad as girls for demanding brand names, they are still somewhat materially conscious. I will have the rest of his life to fight over Transformers v boring white. All his other shoes are tie, they are hand me downs, so for me the tie was no big deal.

I think if the shoes were $2 or maybe $3 more I may have considered it. But $7 more for pair of shoes that will be obsolete before winter is over. That is just not worth it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment