Thursday, November 12, 2009

Cooking and cleaning....

Cooking Light is one of my favorite (if not my very favorite) magazines. My MIL 'Marie' gives it to me every year and it's the best gift because it gets used often, is very much appreciated and never ever goes out of style.

So when I saw on one of the blogs I follow (they are on the right side of the homepage of this blog) that Cooking Light was now $5 for a FULL YEAR I had to repost and find out more. Sure enough, Amazon is running the deal. Click the above link for more details.

I can honestly say that even if I didn't get this as a gift, it would remain, no matter what our financial straights the one magazine we kept. I get so many ideas from it, and just love sitting on the couch and sifting through the recipes. And they are timeless. My husband knows not to dare pitch the 2000 issue with post-it notes plastered on the inside from my days at 1616.

Happy Eating!!!

As for cleaning, my anger at Shoppers has subsided. One silver lining is the fact they double-bag all their plastic bags. This came in handy this week since bag our son's diapers in them before placing in trash can.

In addition to double bagging we put left over dryer sheets in the trash can too, so the smell is completely eliminated. Even if you don't have diaper issues, the left over dryer sheets would also work well in a linen closet and in clothes drawers.

1 comment: