Saturday, November 21, 2009

$194 a year

That's the amount that I am now saving because of my 15 minute phone call to the good people at Comcast. This is a follow up from my Facebook posting earlier in the day.

We have a DVR. They gave us a 'deal' on it earlier this year and it expired today. I called to find out what they could do for us. I said we would either cancel the DVR outright (which I would do) or worse for them, jump to DirectTV or Satelite (which I likely wouldn't do, but they don't know that).

The woman was very nice. She asked about my Thanksgiving plans. I asked about hers. She is on the panhandle of Florida. I am 3 miles south of the Pentagon. It was a nice talk.

She then told me she found me a "new" promotion. A free DVR for a year! She asked if I was interested. I asked what the catch was. She said nothing. Sign me up!!

My monthly bill just went from 100.19 to 83.17! When you factor that in monthly, that's big savings. That will go a long way toward my never ending student loan payment or our condo fees. This was by far the best news I heard all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment