Sunday, November 29, 2009

Cyber Monday

In a little more than 3 hours the computer "savings" are likely to appear. I know I am already signed up on Facebook for at least one savings event come midnight, and I am sure many other sites and stores will start offering great "deals" just for you as you sit at desk at work, possibly trying to stay awake after a hellish drive home from where-ever you were for Turkey.

Be careful though, make sure you are really getting a sale, or else your "savings" are not real. Like everything else, you have to know what you are looking for and read the fine print.

I was reading a blog yesterday where a buyer wondered why a particular site seemed to be changing the List Price, making it higher, so it appeared to be offering greater savings when the "NEW" price was introduced. I have often wondered this myself but could never prove it -- unless I knew what I was looking for and specifically how much it cost.

For example, if tomorrow I see a 5 Q Kitchen Aid Mixer in Red for $100, I will buy in a heartbeat. I know this particular item is at least $250, and usually closer to $350. I will own this one day, but that day is not likely tomorrow or anytime soon...unless it goes on crazy sale. Now, if I see Madden NFL 10 as $39.99 and its advertised as a sale, close to half off...check out first. Regular price for this game on PS2 is $39.99, so if you are buying for a PS2, no savings. But if it actually for a PS3 or Xbox, there could be some serious saving!

Happy shopping and savings!

No comments:

Post a Comment