Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Keep the change...

Stealing a line from a bank that has a program touting its "savings" plans, I thought I would recall what happened yesterday when we went thru the Dunkin' Donuts drive-thru.

Warning: this story is not the slightest bit exciting or sexy, but it is an example of how I save.

I got a small coffee and donut for me, and for my son, I got what has to be one of his very favorite foods in the whole world: Cinn-Raisin bagel. The bill was $3.48. I handed the lady $4.

When she handed me my change, the quarters fell to the ground. There was really no debate. I opened the door, got out on the ground and picked up my 50 cents, plus the misc change from other drivers who had done the same thing. When I got back in the car I had more than $1 in change!

This money went into a small compartment in the car. That's where I keep my change. So that whenever the mood strikes me for coffee or for a milkshake for my son, I never worry about not having money. This "change" bin is always full. I put all the leftover change from various purchases, of whatever I find at the bottom of my purse, in there.

A closing note: things have been pretty hectic around here lately, and I haven't been able to write as much as I want. Hoping that they are calming down now and I can do more of my daily posts. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment