Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Still stewing

A day later I am still really miffed about paying $3 more for a TGIF meal on Shoppers than I would have at Harris Teeter. The big BIG lesson learned: before shopping with coupons, especially coupons for fun items that I normally wouldnt buy (and a nearly $9 TGIF meal that will barely feed my husband certainly qualifies), check the circulars. Had I spent less than 5 minutes I would have seen that HT had it on sale...ugh!

Also, more on my dislike for Shoppers, their selzer is not as good as HT or Giant.

The bright spot of the day was our dinner. The recipe is courtesy of my friend Cathy. I will have to check if I have blogged this before, but to feed both of us a full and very filling meal cost about $9! That's $4.50 per person. What was this meal???

Crock pot pulled pork!!!

Ingredients:
Pork shoulder/butt (on sale a few weeks back, I paid $6.32)
Hamburger buns (we have so many from our hamburger nights, but they are about $1 pack at Target I think)
Bottle of BBQ (your choice, we used Trader Joe's)
Bottle of beer (bought last night, 6 pack was $5.99, so bottle was less $1)

I am sitting here stuffed. I didn't even eat dessert, something I never pass up!!!
Crock pots really are the greatest invention ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment