Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Random savings and an idea I am going to try..

Giant has tomato sauce (you know the kind you need to make your own spaghetti/pizza sauce as described here) on sale again this week, $1 can. That is not better than the big jar at Costco, but it is a great price and if we didn't have the membership (and I hadn't just bought the big jar) we would get some.

I will need to make some more sauce soon. Made it this weekend for meatballs for my Dad's 87th bday and it was a huge hit. I will admit I now like my own sauce better than the jar kind, and it is not entirely because of the price...it just tastes better.

Tonight I ordered Chinese food since my husband is at the US Soccer game in the pouring rain. My Kung Pao Shrimp was mostly red and green peppers. I have decided I am saving the bulk of them for a day or two, rinsing and then making with my sauce. I am not going to waste these veggies, especially since there are so many of them! I will let you know how it turns out.

This week's circulars were disappointing, but Magruders seems to have some good things on sale (for my Virginia readers) beginning today and going through next Tuesday, including an offer to sign up for their email alerts and get a coupon for next week for $1 (total price) for a gallon of milk. I am going to sign up now, will let you know, or feel free to sign up yourself. Just email circular@magruders.com and put 'subscribe' in the subject line.

Also, they have the Pepperidge Farm layer cakes which my husband loves for $2 (regularly $4.19 elsewhere) and .79 Duncan Hines Brownie Mix...yum!

Finally, getting back to Giant, they have their frozen waffles on sale for $1 box...that's a great deal! I know my son goes through them like crazy.

Stay dry, warm, cold, out of the snow, rain, wind, etc....depending on where you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment