Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pumpkin Bread

Trader Joe's has the best pumpkin bread! It seems everyone else agrees with me because they have been out of it almost since they got it in early October. I usually buy two or three boxes at once just so we have on hand and the mood strikes me to make it (total price is $2.99 and its super super easy!)

I bought two boxes the second week of October and when I opened the box, it was clear it had already been opened on the inside. Doh! And I hadn't saved receipt. Ugh. So I waited. And waited. And waited some more. Finally last night my husband was going to go shopping in the strip mall with TJs and I asked him to buy me a box. He did.

Today I went back to TJs and returned the box along with the receipt from yesterday. I know not the most honest thing, but $3 is $3 and its not like I could buy TJs Pumpkin Bread at Giant. Turns out though, the guy didn't even look at receipt! Just told me to go switch it out.

It took me less than five minutes.

The moral here is 1) Save Receipts -- I know I need to get better about that, and 2) take the time to return things and not just "waste" them.

No comments:

Post a Comment