Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Costco vs...Round 1

In the baby category, at least diapers and wipes (and NOT the aforemnetioned clothes), Costco loses big.

Target sells 704 wipes for about $11. Costco sells 900 wipes for $18.

Costco diapers are under $40, but since they are like Huggies -- so says a very trusted reader -- they won't work for us, because Huggies leaks (I still love their new commercial though with the running Dad) we will stick with Diapers.com.

*** Target adendum

Yesterday I talked about saving my TJs receipt, or I should say not saving it. For the last week or so I have been saving a Target receipt because I *knew* I was overcharged for aluminum foil.

As I was shopping during my trip in peace, I calculated in my head how much everything was going to cost in the end. I read that 50 feet of Target foil was $1.79 (or so). But when I got home, I noticed I had been charged $2.69. Today I went back and checked. Turns out the 75 feet foil is $2.69. I must have the 75 feet option? When I got home I checked. Nope, its 50 feet.

I'll let you know how that return trip goes. And since I ran out of foil tonight, chances are that trip will be sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment