Monday, October 26, 2009

Back from Connecticut

Had *the best* time with my old roommates. We all had our children within two months of each other so it's a blast to see the kidlets grow and play!

Sorry to have been away so long, that was not the plan. Here are some observations from the last week.

Costco is cheaper than Babies R Us, and likely other clothing stores as well. EXACT same pajamas with footies (green with monkeys) is $7 at Costco, SALE price at BRU was $10. I was stunned. Will likely buy more clothes from them in the future.

I have turned into my mother :) In this case, that's a good thing! Growing up, we always packed sandwiches for car trips. ALWAYS. And last week I did the same. Packed a lunch for my son and myself. I was not about to spend $15 at some rest area for food that he may not eat, not to mention would not be very nutritious. So instead he got a 1/4 ham (that I just broke apart and fed him, some applesauce and raisins. Total cost, under $4. As for me, I took leftover bagels from a Sunday brunch, got my own turkey deli meat, and had a great sandwich which would have easily cost $8 had I bought at the store...and which never would have been available at the stop on the NJ Turnpike.

Magruder's coupons keep coming! This week I got one for a free Hot Chocolate. There were others too, but since I was offline for a week, the emails added up, so didn't go through as religiously as I would otherwise.

Happy Monday, it's good to be back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment