Monday, October 19, 2009

Frugality, yesterday's news?

Happy Monday! Hope you all had a nice weekend. Here in NoVa we were pretty much drowned rats.

Short post tonight.

First, saw this article today in Washington Post. Ironically I was just talking about this very issue with a girlfriend yesterday. I sincerely hope this is not the case.

On Saturday I had a rare trip to Target where I was not rushing around and did not have my son with me. Unfortunately it was 9:30 at night and not only was I exhausted from a long day of cabin fever inside our 800 sf of love with a sick hubby and a rambunctious monkey, the store was just about to close at 10, so I didn't have that much time. What I noticed though really surprised me.

For example, Yoplait yogurt is regularly .52, this is significantly cheaper than all the grocery stores I have shopped in. Some will have this as a sale price, but not a regular price.

Target brand tomatoes, the ones I would use make pasta, are less than $1!

There were others too, but I can't remember. There were also much more expensive items as well.

Bottom line, I have decided I need to plan a trip to Target sans son and not up against a time clock, so that I can really examine their prices more closely. I might have to make it one of my must stops.

Following up on last week's Magruder post, I did receive my coupon today for $1 gallon of milk. Also in the same post, I talked about reusing my green peppers from a Chinese delivery order for pasta sauce and Shepard's pie. The verdict: can't tell the difference. I washed off all the kung pao sauce and both items turned out great.

Finally, I off tomorrow to visit my old roommates for a few days. They are doing super loud construction here and not only can my son not nap, but I can't think. I will have sporadic Internet access. I am going to try to post while away, but if not, that's the reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment