Friday, October 30, 2009

A good shopping day...

Wow, I am sorry. I started this post Friday night and no idea where the time has gone. I know I have been slammed recently and the next week is not likely to be any better, but hope once this insanity dies down, I can get back to regular posts.

So FRIDAY was a good shopping day. First, I learned that Bed, Bath & Beyond lets you double dip coupons. Meaning, if you have one from them for $5 off and another thats 20% off, as long as you have two items (or more) you can use both coupons. Before when I tried this they always told me either or.

I did some serious (well as much serious as you can with a toddler) shopping at Target. I saved receipt to do some comparison pricing with the other generic brands. I was disappointed though, their cereal bars are about 50 cents more than Trader Joes. Yes, you get two more, but not worth it to me...at least not yet.

I also returned my aluminum foil. For whatever reason they sell 50 sf of foil for the same price as 75 sf. So exchanged my 50 for 75. They were fine about it, since I had receipt. Another example of how it is important to always save receipts.

Costco came in super handy as well. Was able to buy Word 2007 for a project I am beginning in the next few weeks, and it was about $30 less than what I would pay at Staples or Office Depot.

Finally, on Sunday, Nov. 1, I made a resolution. This time next year we will be living someplace else. I am going to scrimp and save as much as I can to make that possible because our 800sf of love is just too small for an active toddler. And its not fair to him.

Hope you all had a nice Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment