Wednesday, October 7, 2009

By the numbers: $627.39

That's the amount we have saved in the last 11 months (since Nov. 17, 2009) in our Way2Save account through Wachovia. The way it works is simple. Everytime we use our debit card or we pay online (which we only do for 3 bills/month), they will transfer $1 from our checking to savings, AND PAY INTEREST! I know Bank of America has a similar program. Not sure about other banks but you might want to inquire, or if they don't have one..consider changing. And if you go to Wachovia, let me know...I think we both get money...hehe.

I thought this was an appropriate time to calculate this little gem based on the lede article today in the Washington Post. It seems more Americans are relying on debit than credit. Simply by establishing the account, everytime I swipe my card, whether for $2.50 to pay parking meter in Ballston or a $100 grocery bill, we get money. It could not be simpler, and as I have said before, this savings account was a life saver during our dual unemployment, we dipped into it several times.

No comments:

Post a Comment