Saturday, October 17, 2009

Saturday mish-mash

It’s gross outside, so this posting will sort of reflect that since it’s going to be all over the place.

First up Trader Joes. Yesterday we went for one of our numerous trips. I am saddened to report their cost of eggs is now $1.29/dozen. As such I am removing them from the master list.

Next it’s Wegmans. I hauled out there yesterday because of the weather and also because I was hoping they might have blueberries. My son loves them! It’s a 30 mile r/t excursion, but I figured it would be worth the gas since its such a magical place AND they would surely have blueberries.

They had blueberries (yeah!) for $3.49/4oz. This galls me since two months ago they were $1 packet. But I was time constrained then and didn’t learn how to preserve for the fall and winter. Oh well, lesson learned for next year.

I did compare some of their other prices, some good (very good) and some not so much. Their milk is on sale this week for $2.35, which is better than Costco. They have flour on sale for .99. They also had Smart Ones entrees for $1.99/each, which is a great money saver for workday lunches. I can’t remember the specifics for the not-so-good deals, but needless to say, I won’t be going back unless we have a repeat of really bad weather and my son’s need for healthy food overcomes me with a desire for more blueberries.

Reposting from the Facebook page (and if you are not a fan, you should be!) is this deal I found in a Washington Post ad.

As I mentioned earlier one of the first things we did away with magazines. I think my Good Housekeeping must have been paid in full for a while because it still keeps coming, but no bill. I have checked the stamp on front, but each issue lately has been a ‘special’ with a bag, so no date. At this point though, we are likely to renew when the time comes, especially when you consider the money savers included and the coupons they offer (lots!). November is case and point. Many money savings tips: including kitchen odor elimination (pg 42), emergency switch-outs (pg. 44), and grocery shopping tips (pg.123). (* I would post direct links but I can't find on their website, www.goodhousekeeping.com)

Finally, this has nothing to do with money saving. Nothing. But I read it yesterday and it gave me such peace of mind that I had to include it. Since most readers are women, and a fair amount have kids, I thought appropriate.

Stay dry and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment