Thursday, October 29, 2009

Freecycle.org

Ok, I heard about it for awhile, but never checked out. This past weekend I signed up and wow!

They have everything listed from nearly-new shampoo to clothes to furniture. You can sign up by region so you get a very specific and targeted area of postings. Rules apply, but what a great resource!

I get an email about 2-3 times a day and just scan. I plan to use a lot once I get a handle on all our clutter. I decided after visiting my friend, while our home will never be Martha Stewart clean and stylish, it *must* be organized. I tackled the kitchen (with help from the husband) over the course of a few days...so it can be done.

If you have used freecycle let me know your experiences.

1 comment:

  1. We got a this-end-up loveseat off of freecycle, then a this-end-up sleeper sofa off of the free section of craigslist. They didn't match, but we ordered new cushions w/ matching covers off of a website for $500 (which really if you got upholstered furniture out of a stranger's basement, etc. you would want to get rid of the "soft parts") and our family room is fully furnished! The stuff is nearly indestructible and great with kids and the midshipmen we sponsor. We have gotten a lot of stuff off freecycle- a shower curtain, a double stroller, baby hooded bath towels, rhododendron plants, the list goes on and on- also it's great for decluttering!

    ReplyDelete