Saturday, December 5, 2009

Red Envelope rebate issues

Hi all,
I just got off the phone with Donna, a very nice sales associate at Red Envelope. It appears they are being inundated with orders because of the Restaurant.com offer.

I had trouble when first prompted to enter my code. Donna walked me through it, but instead of offering the code at the first prompt, you enter it when you should enter credit card (there is a separate box for gift code on this page as well). At that point the discount is applied, and you are THEN prompted to enter credit card info.

Red Envelope has pricey shipping (I guess everything now other than FREE since it seems everyone is offering FREE shipping is bad). Once you order I was given the opportunity to join their "members only" shipping club, which will give me free shipping on the order I just placed, plus on a bunch of other places as well in the future. After my month trial, I will be charged $11.95/month.

So....I signed up for the deal, but will cancel my subscription after I am done my Christmas shopping, well before the month is over. This will be tricky, but it's worth the money I am saving.

No comments:

Post a Comment