Tuesday, December 8, 2009

clarification on photocards

Photocards are great! I sincerely love them, seeing pictures of my friends' children, cousins we rarely see and just about anyone that we care about. I am grateful we are on so many Christmas lists and for all the friends and family that care enough to send us a card.

What I don't like is the people we NEVER hear from sending them with no notation on our card deferentiating it from what they would send their dry cleaners. Even if you are a "friend" on facebook who I am repeatedly told to "poke" since its been forever since we communicated, chances are we at least both know something about each others' lives. We have people who send us cards every year. They do not sign the name, its already written. We do not hear from them AT ALL during the year. No birthday cards, anniversary cards, phone calls or even an email. Nothing. Its these people that bug me. I am sorry if there was confusion. Bottom line, those people don't even know about this blog, so if you are reading this, it doesn't apply to you :)

I wish we could send photocards, or any Christmas cards. But I have never been one to half-ass it. And I just don't see how we do it this year. Remember though, cards don't have to be sent JUST at Christmas time. Perhaps I will send a St. Patricks Day greeting or a July 4 Greeting. Who knows. What I do know is that sending them now would hurt our budget, as small a price as that may seem, and the reason we have savings is because we made sacrifices, and this just happens to be the sacrifice we are making this year.

But please, if you were planning on sending us a Christmas card, PLEASE send it! Our fridge is cleared from last year (just threw out last week all the old cards) and I can't wait to see all those happy faces!

No comments:

Post a Comment