Friday, October 1, 2010

This is certainly challenging

So we were down to $15 as of yesterday morning. Since then $3 for a coffee and muffin for me. So that's $12.

But tell me, how do we figure these items. Do the $7 I spent at Target for shoes for my son count? What about the $6 I also spent there for Vitamin C since we are out? I am not trying to do fuzzy math, I just don't know. I think until I get a better handle on things, I am going to just put them in their own separate pile, not from the $85 for food/gas, but something as yet unnamed. Clearly we will have budget for these things, but how? Who knows.

This morning I went to Trader Joe's. Got cheese and dough for pizza night, bananas, yogart and a $1.99 pumpkin my son saw and liked. Total $13. So we are now -$1 for the week, and we still have time to go. Ugh.

Now if I were looking at this objectively I would say that I didn't need the coffee and muffin yesterday nor did my son need the pumpkin today. You are right. Without these purchases I would still be at $4. But in the monsoon that was yesterday I needed the coffee/muffin and well, I just couldnt say no to my son...it was the first pumpkin of the season. We say no plenty, but today was just not one of those days.

Happy Friday....tomorrow will certainly present some fuzzy math.

No comments:

Post a Comment