Saturday, October 9, 2010

End of the week tally...and some new insight

Thanks to Facebook (and a friend from high school who through the powers of Facebook I reconnected) I learned about a site called Mint.com Several friends of friends recommended it and it seemed like an easy way to balance our finances with the help of someone (a computer) who is more mathematically estute than I am.

So far, I am liking what I see. Once I have used the site for awhile and have seen how it works will give more information, but wanted to throw this out there for anyone looking for helpful financial information.

As for our weekly totals, well again we went overboard, but hopefully since I bought a lot in bulk, the food should last us. Here goes.

Food: $140
Gas: $20

I am happy with that gas total!! I made a more conscious effort to not waste gas on meaningless double trips or taking the scenic route for our little monkey.

In an unrelated note, our daycare center for reasons too complicated to explain but needless to say a complete tragedy for all involved was closed this week by the county. As a result we are likely going to be saving $400 a month because we are not going to send our son to a place for funsies just to get him acclaimated and then yank him for preschool next year. Having him all day means less time for planning but thats about the only downside...also means more playdates for him and me too.

Happy Saturday night...hope you are having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment