Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Some hard choices

I don't even remember her name. She said she was calling to collect a debt! She called from Wells Fargo, the owner of our first mortgage.

Let's establish some facts:
1. We have never missed a payment
2. We have an above 800 credit score
3. WF has repeatedly refused to refinance or modify us for reasons that escape me.
4. WF has tried to put us in short sale but we don't want this - see #1.
5. There is no amount of stupid juice we can ever drink to make up for the utterly stupid decision we made to buy our condo in 2005 with two loans. This is far and away the stupidist decision we ever made. Makes my idea of cutting my own bangs in grade school look genius!

Apparently we have been assessed a $75 fee for our attempts to modify or refinance! They have some nerve. We earn significantly less than we did when we were both employed, childless and applied for our mortgage. They won't help us, refuse to, but they will charge us $75 for exploring our options. And the only option they can come up with is offering us a short sale.

The poor woman who made the call experienced my full wrath. Its not her fault her company sucks! She definitely made her salary today, and then some.

Its increasingly clear I will have to go back to work and this makes me very sad. I really don't want to. I enjoy playing with our monkey. Today he realized I wasnt wearing shoes when I ran out to put out the garbage as the truck came in our court. Don't go out with no shoes Mommy! That made my day.

He is 2 and a total joy. He tells me all kinds of stories and remembers that Connor gave him a tractor and he thanked him. Tonight he remembered that he saw Otters with Grandma and PopPop. I don't want to miss this time. But the reality is living in DC area is prohibitively expensive. We simply can't make ends meet on one salary, especially if we are going to have to pay Wells Fargo (who despite what all their ads say, is not WITH US all the way) $75, not to mention pay my doctor $120 for having to go see her after the monkey gave me strep in May. Lucky us, that bill arrived today.

I don't know what I will do. I know I don't want to do anything and that will be hard to cover. I have the best job and I hate losing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment