Friday, April 30, 2010

When I write a book...

..its either going to be titled 'Wonder Woman doesn't exist,' or have some play on words with the whole Carol Brady thing, since my last name is Brady (Mary Bluepatches is not my real name, in case you didn't know that), and I am no Carol.

Many of you have written me and told me that you really appreciated my earlier post. That means a lot. I am glad you could relate. It shows that we are not alone in the journey of motherhood and being, for the most part, the cfo of our families, as well as the cruise director in our own lives.

The fact of the matter is Wonder Woman DOESN'T exist. We can try to be perfect but its not going to happen, because if it did, we wouldn't be human, and ergo we wouldn't be here.

One reader said she finds herself constantly comparing herself to other moms. I do too. I had an instance recently where I went to visit a friend in her immaculate home with her very well behaved child and my son was running around like a headless chicken! I wanted to scream and wished the floor would swallow me up. I had another friend who told me she went shopping recently with her two small children and could just feel daggers in her from onlookers when her toddler was running around the store and her newborn was screaming his head off.

The one lesson motherhood has taught me more than anything is that there is no one right way to do things. My son watches television and eats a lot of what I consider junk. But he also knows how to say "Please" (sounds more like "Peas") and loves to have us read books all the time. He would be outside watching the trucks and playing in our car if I would let him, ALL DAY LONG!

Some parents don't let their kids watch TV. Others only feed organic. Some do cloth only diapers, others think bottles are the best. Some let kids eat in front of the tv, while others have a strict regiment for eating at the table. At the end of the day, these are all ok. As mom's (and dad's too) we have to remember that old expression our mom's taught us: If Janie is jumping off a bridge, are you going to too? It's ok to be different.

If your children are happy and healthy, especially if they are super young (I am saying 3 and under) than you are doing an amazing job as a Mom! That's all we can ask for, everything else is gravy. Don't ever forget that.

I know this post is again not typical money saving, but this blog isn't just about the latest sales, trust me there are plenty of those kinds out there already. I write about mostly money and being the cfo of our little family, and how we stay sane and out of debt. Reminding myself constantly that its ok not be perfect, goes a long way to ensuring that sanity.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment