Sunday, April 18, 2010

Free Target Tote Bag

This is especially important for all my DC friends who now have to pay 5 cents for their plastic grocery bags. Instead they can bring their own bag and not pay the tax.

This week Target, in conjunction with Earth Day, is giving away free reusable tote bags. Click here for more info.

Personally I think its hilarious that these stores charge for a reusable bag. Maybe if they gave a discount (even 5 cents) off the bill I might be able to stomach it, but seriously, charging me for a bag that says your name on it...you should be giving it away...maybe thats why Target is doing this.

2 comments:

  1. Actually, Target does give a 5 cent discount for using a reusable bag. It does not have to be a Target bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are tons of reusable bag giveaways online- and lots of stores give you a 5 cent discount for every reusable bag you use, the trick is to remember your bags, which is why the ones that wad up into their own little pouch and you can stick in your purse or diaper bag or use as a key chain are the best. I got a free chicco bag and bought 2 more when I had the chance to do so through a buying co-op. Also I bought a bunch as "gift-bags" for the holidays last year.

    ReplyDelete