Monday, April 19, 2010

Shop Around...

This likely seems obvious, but I am constantly surprised at how even the same store can charge different prices at different locations.

Yesterday The Monkey and I went to get some ice cream at Baskin Robbins. That's when I noticed they are having the 31 cent scoop promotion that I mentioned yesterday. I got him a kid scoop for $1.59.

Our neighbor, who is sadly moving, turned 4. He has been away as his parents try to coordinate their move so hadn't bought his bday present yet. Decided as we left BR that I would buy him a gift card for here, I remember as a kid it was always fun to have "my own money" for treats.

I went to the BR that is closer to our church, which is also equal distance from our home as the one I took The Monkey to earlier in the day. Here the kids scoops were well over $2! I was stunned. This pretty much guarantees we are never going to THAT BR again.

I am not sure of the logic here, but if you have a staple you like, make sure to check the prices at the various stores. It might be worth it for you to change where you go, for some extra change in your pocket!

No comments:

Post a Comment