Friday, February 19, 2010

Cheapest diapers?

As faithful readers of The Couch know I am very loyal to Diapers.com. It works for me, I get coupons, get credits when people who I have referred shop with them, its fast, easy and quick. Most importantly its dependable.

In the last month though, two friends have asked me about Diapers and felt they found better deals elsewhere. First, Kristen (mom of twins)took advantage of the crazy deals Target was offering in bulk and, forgetting the math we figured out on the phone weeks ago, determined that Target for Pampers was cheaper. The trade off was, with Diapers.com it was delievered to my door and I didn't have to haul it anywhere. Since I have to haul my lovable little Monkey everywhere (tonight he clearly said "moooon" for the first time!) the delivery option is HUGE. We didn't need diapers at that time, so we didn't go to Target.

Then just the other day, my friend Kate (one almost 2, one due any day), told me about Amazon and their "Subscribe and Save" program. You can learn more about it here, but in a nutshell, if you sign up to receive any number of products, they give you 15% off their already low prices AND you don't have to spend $50 to get the free shipping, its free shipping regardless. We do need diapers now, so I am tempted to order through Amazon. I will definitely let you know.

My question for all of you: where do you get your diapers from and what do you pay? What factors go into your decision?

3 comments:

  1. We buy Luvs and get them at Target or BJ's depending on how much money we have. If we are buying in bulk for other stuff then we pick up a gigantic box at BJ's. Otherwise, we get the 66 for $16 at Target as it is cheaper than anywhere else. I have come to love Luvs more than Pampers as my 2 year old has gotten bigger as they fit him better with no leaks at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We use cloth, which we love, but if we are going on vacation somewhere that we don't want to haul diapers to then we use the target brand. They fit her great and she never leaks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ordered from Diapers.com this week. I spent $50 on a jumbo pack (think its 140 or 160) of size 4, and then one small package (27) of overnights. Something happened and the order was delayed, although as far as I was concerned it wasn't delayed, but Diapers.com sent me an email saying they were sorry for my inconvenience and were crediting my account $5 for my troubles. This is just another example of why I am loyal to them, it really does pay to shop with them.

    ReplyDelete