Thursday, April 14, 2011

Should I ever write a book.....

...it will be entitled There is a Special Place in Hell reserved for Wells Fargo.

My dislike for this megabank is well known. The latest episode involves their new fees. I knew they were coming, but expected some sort of warning. Wrong.

This month they began charging us an overdraw fee of $7. Not because we overdrew on the account, but on the offchance we did in the future. I noticed it because I checked my statement. That's the reason for this post. Make sure you always check your statements.

I have asked my husband to go online and download our bank statements going back five years this weekend. Come Monday I plan on closing the account. We use USAA as our primary bank and have been thrilled ever since we made the switch, so dumping WF (or actually Wachovia is the brand name of our bank, but as they never forget to tell you -- they are a Wells Fargo Company) is not a big loss.

Bottom line: CHECK YOUR STATEMENTS! No one should be paying fees in this day and age. If your bank does, find one that doesn't. There are lots out there, start saving!

No comments:

Post a Comment