Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Be creative with cooking...sometimes it works

And last night was one of those nights. Turns out my addiction to Food Network paid off. The best part, I didn't spend a dime on anything different, just used what I had.

Rosemary Wine Pork Chops.

Three boneless pork chops, purchased in bulk from Wegman's a few weeks back.
Splash of White Wine
Bigger splash of olive oil
Sprinkle healthy amount of rosemary (probably two tablespoons)
Less Garlic Powder
Pinch of salt

Place all ingredients in a plastic bag. Marinate on counter to room temperature for about 30 minutes. Grill on oven top griller for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Enjoy!

I served with instant brown rice that I added some frozen veggies to. It was a pretty yummy meal if I do say so myself, and since no left overs, hubby clearly agreed!

1 comment:

  1. One can bake without fear, broil to the heart’s content and microwave all day (just don’t stand too close). Poaching is cool and steaming is even better. Seafood, chicken and vegetables are all good candidates for grilling. Lightly stir-frying or sautéing foods in cooking spray, small mounts of vegetable oil or reduced sodium broth are other healthy options. When roasting even skinless meats it’s wise to place meats on a rack so fat can drip away.

    Healthy cooking tips

    ReplyDelete